Thursday, June 17, 2010

MAYHEM AND CHAOS




What do you expect when one of hip-hop’s biggest artist decides to throw a free concert? I expected everything that happened. The cramped space, the feeling of your not walking but being pushed. No one wants to miss out on seeing their favorite artist, so there was no way my girls and I were going to just be standing in the crowd with no visual. We walked from 1st Ave. to seaport, and made it close enough to the front just in time for Drake to come out. Oh and it wasn’t our DASHING good looks that got us that close either, more like a beefy lesbian duo who was willing to push to the crowd and take us along for the ride (PAUSE). I was so distracted by these boys that I didn’t even realize how cramped it was, with their random remarks. “I don’t care about DRAKE, where’s Justin Beiber?” “I’m here for HANSON.” “Where’s Jay-z?” “Isn’t this a great way to meet new people!” In fact it actually was. It was annoying, hot but it was so much fun at the same time. As many have heard Drake didn’t get to come out and I’m sure many have seen the RIOT videos. There were NO SPECIAL EFFECTS, what you saw was all real. It’s amazing that so many people were surprised. You can’t promise people their favorite artist for FREE and don’t expect for there to be chaos, when people have been standing in the sun for hours, just waiting. I saw it as just another another reason to love MY CITY. I would have no other way besides, I met a group of cool people.

No comments:

Post a Comment